Metamodeling is a powerful concept for capturing and describing UML modeling guidelines. By using metamodels, it is easy to achieve complete and unambiguous guidelines where inconsistency easy can be detected and corrected. Metamodels may also be used by the MetaModelAgent extension to your existing modeling tool, to make modeling more efficient.
Format: Classroom training
Audience: Modeling guideline owners and stakeholders within development organizations.
Prerequisites: Basic UML knowledge
- Fundamentals of metamodeling
- When MMA is useful and when not applicable
- The concept of model, metamodel and metaclass
- Metamodeling in practice
- Specifying element details
- Specifying model structure
- Specifying diagram content
- Documenting a metaclass
- More on the metamodel notation
- Inheritance, abstract and private metaclasses
- Expressing xor, or and other constraints
- Using regular expressions and context references
- Metamodeling of specific UML-concepts
- Interactions, Activities, State machines
- Metamodel management
- Organization of metamodels
- Documentation of metamodels
- Deployment of MetaModelAgent and metamodels.
Training includes exercises with the metamodeling tool MetaModelAgent